Friday, April 27

DIY Party Planning (Part One)

Note to self: It might be harder to do a DIY party but the effort would be worth it.

I inquired with Jollibee, McDonald's, Shakey's and Pizza Hut --- they don't do customized themes. Max's Restaurant will allow you but I thought, since Zeke had his christening reception in Max's, much better to try another place. Not that I didn't like the service we got (believe me, we loved Bong, the Banquet Manager at Max's Ampid), we just want to try another place. Or give DIY a try.

Okay, now that I have relaxed and collected my thoughts, I was able to come up with a GREAT solution to my party planning dilemma. This will surely cover for the two months prep. Since I know I work best when I have a list or a visual motivation, I have decided to do this:


Yes, I'm going old school! I took an old notebook of Dydy's, made a collage-like cover and voila, I have an instant kiddie party planner. As of now, I have already covered 1/4 of the notebook with ideas, from the date, theme, suppliers, contact numbers, etc.

Right now, here's what I have (photos courtesy of Google. I don't own any of these pictures, just using them for presentation purposes):

Date: Since my son's birthday falls on a Monday, my hubby and I have decided to do it two days earlier so that the kids (and the parents) can have a good time on a Saturday. We'll probably do something intimate or like a small gathering at home for his real birthday.

Theme/Motif:


 o

As you've guessed it, the theme will be Disney Pixar Cars. Zeke loves F! racing and of course, Disney, so I thought, why not merge the two and make it the cutest, racing 3D cartoon on the planet?! Hopefully, I'll be able to pull this off. I have been in and out of the FN site for ideas. Thankfully, other mommies were very willing to share their party pictures and tips.

Venue: It was a debate between doing it at home or renting a really nice resort. My sister-in-law recommended Villa Ronar in Marikina Heights (since we live near Marikina) and I'm still waiting for their reply to my email.

Cake: I've seen the works of Little Cakes Factory, also in Marikina, and right now, I'm having a debacle with myself on what to get --- cupcake tower with a customized cake topper or a customized, two-layer cake?


Invites: I have several ideas but what I really want to do is a Piston cup design with Mater and Lightning on top while Zeke's smiling face is displayed at the middle. Or maybe a checkered flag.




Zeke and Dydy/Mymy's costumes: Well, I want to showcase our labor of love so yeah, I'm thinking of having a racer outfit for my baby. My hubby and I could do with store-bought clothes but for the star of the day, of course we need to have it customized. This is just a rough design to show you what's on my mind.


I keep on hearing that I can get emblems/patches at Divisoria but I don't know how to shop there, let alone haggle! But I have to try because I'm thinking of getting the prizes, loot bags and everything I can get my hands on, in there. Good thing my mom said they'll check out the place tomorrow. Ooh, I'm really excited!

Suppliers: Partypipol.com will hopefully provide the photo booth needs and Kiddie-party.com will provide the food carts, magician, host service that I need. I'm not sure if I'll get a package as I have promised my husband that I won't go over the budget limit of  Php 30,000 (good luck!)

Others: So far, I'm pretty much at the top of my ideas. But the best idea yet came from an officemate. She suggested that we have a candy buffet. This I will definitely put my heart on:



Whoops, I can hear Zeke crying. I have to breastfeed him (yes, I'm still doing it as his night cap and he's almost 10 months old). We'll visit his pedia again tomorrow for his last I've shot of PCV vaccine. Now that I've mentioned the vaccines, I think this is his last vaccine before he turns one. A quick backtrack on this post would do the trick...

Vaccines
BCG 7/17/11 Php 1000
Hep B 7/9/11 incl in delivery package/ 8/6/11 Php 1000
Penta (Infanrix) 9/3/11 Php 3000/ 10/29/11 Php 3000/ 1/7/12 Php 3000
Rota (Rotarix) 9/3/11 Php 3000/ 10/29/11 Php 3000
PCV (Prevenar 13) 10/1/11 Php 4500/ 11/26/11 Php 4500 then last shot tomorrow for another Php 4500 **updated 4/28/12, make that Php 5000**
Measles 3/17/12 Php 1500

I think I better look in for the next types of vaccine for 1 year and older. Maybe next time. My little one is getting very restless and wants some mama's milk! Gotta go! Keep your fingers crossed for my planning! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment