Wednesday, April 4

Fashion Tips for Young Mothers

It has come to my attention that once I gave birth, it became harder for me to choose what types of clothes to wear. I'm still breastfeeding and the hassle of rushing to the Breastfeeding Stations at the mall with a fussy baby in tow plus fumbling with my clothes give me the headache that has the capability of ruining the day.

So, in line of keeping up with my love for fashion, I have searched high and low for a few tips on what to wear (especially if you're a working mom like me):

Tip #1 If you love dresses (like moi), opt for something that's made of cotton and has buttons infront. Avoid fussy silk when you're out and about with your kid as any accidents (pee, poop and even applesauce) can just ruin the fabric.

choose something that has removable straps like this one

button-down dresses are a lifesaver especially in special occasions!

Tip #2 If you're doing an errand or just wanted to flaunt your legs, you can wear shorts but make sure you pair them with a button-down polo and a pair of flats. I'm a self-confessed high heeled girls and I make do with wedges but sometimes, I find it silly to wear them especially when I'm pushing Zeke's stroller. So now, I'm also loving the ballet flats.

this kind of polo not only are cute but can make breastfeeding fuss-free
 
who says flats are boring?
Tip #3 For accessories, minimal is IN. Carrying two bags, a stroller and your baby are a big NO-NO. There are several baby bags that are hip and fashionable (try Baby Couture) but if you're like me who's a one-bag convert during doing errands or hitting the malls (I once swore to carry two bags, one for myself and the other for my cutesy baby but got frustrated when I don't know which one to carry especially now that Zeke's almost a giant baby), then a big yet stylish bag is for you. Try Longchamps; they're stylish and can be a space saver most of the time.

my trusty mommy bag
Tip #4 If you're breastfeeding and is frightened to color your hair (like me), opt to color your tips in a bright color instead. It will still give you that special feeling a good hair day can bring. Besides, once your milk has run out, you'll miss that special bonding you and your baby share. So cherish every moment that you're still able to breastfeed. That's what I'm doing with my little one.

Pumping will always be IN

RED for a fab day ahead!
Tip #5 If you feel uncomfortable, always remember --- you can never go wrong in wearing denim or black leggings!

Who says moms can't shop at Forever 21? You might have switched to MotherCare during pregnancy and early lactating days, but you will always have your heart in this place. :)

Leggings can go a looooonngg way :)

Don't be afraid of fashion, embrace it! And, always remember to smile. It's the best accessory a girl can have. Seize the day!

For other tips, check this out!

No comments:

Post a Comment