Saturday, May 12

Divi Trip (168 Mall) for Zeke's Birthday Bash

Today, my husband and I went to Divisoria to shop for party favors, prizes and scout for our little family's costumes. It was our first time and thankfully, my mom, two siblings and my aunt came with us (or else I wouldn't know how to survive).



We went to the old and new 168 Mall. It was both an exciting and scary feeling, not to mention confusing. We just commuted because I was advised by my co-workers not to rent a car due to the heavy traffic to and fro the said mall.

I'm very happy with what we have accomplished today. I was able to buy major prizes, consolation prizes, party needs like the plates, cups and other party favors.


We were also able to buy Zeke's costume. Well, it was far from what I wanted but I wanted to stretch my budget. Instead of buying a Php 3500 worth overall, we went for a Ferrari polo priced only at Php 350 300. Same goes for our costumes, which were identical Ferrari polo shirts for only Php 250 200. My husband and I will just put MUM on my shirt and DAD on his while ZEKE on our baby boy's polo so that it will still look personalized. Anyone knows where I can get a professional burdadista (I'm not sure how to call tailors who sew names, LOL)

My son's cousin, Ann, bought him shoes as part of his costume from Riyadh. So, all that's missing is my son's pants/shorts. I'm still undecided as to whether I'll go for white or black shorts or red shorts. Pants and overalls are out of the picture as we've decided to do the party in our residence (an outdoor party, to be exact).


We had a conflict with our chosen date in Gaberielle's place (a wedding has already booked the function hall since January, can you believe it?) and since we don't want to celebrate it on a later date (the only available dates are from the 14th onwards), we've decided to do it at home. Our front yard has a 10x7 meters size so I think it'll be enough for 30-40 kids plus 70 adults. ☺

Okay, update on my checklist:

Date ☑
Time ☑
Venue ☑
Theme ☑
Zeke's costume ☑ need to buy shorts (red, white or black)
Mum and Dad's costumes ☑
Disney Cars paper plates, cups, banderitas, party hats, name tags, loot bags ☑ need to look for paper lanterns, table napkins, whistles/party blowers and cutlery set
Lightning McQueen pinyata ☑ need to fill it up with candies and little toys
Games major prize for adults (Cars pillow), major prize for kids (bags), consolation prize for adults (big ball pens), consolation prize for kids (stationary set with candies) ☑ need to look for Lightning McQueen plush toys, souvenirs

Chosen the following suppliers for:
Cake ☑ set appointment with Little Cakes Factory
Party Decors/Food Carts/Host or Magicians ☑ set appointment with Yan-Ple Party Shop
Photo Booth ☑ set appointment with Pix Galore (c/o Ann)
Candy Buffet ☑ set appointment with The Candy Atelier (c/o Bowding)
Catering (kids and adults buffet) ☑set appointment with Tibulong Catering Services (c/o Ate Emet)
Sound System ☑set appointment with Kuya Eman from Magic 89.9 (hihi)

Pending:
Guest list
Invites (lay-out c/o Alezza)
Tarpaulin
Thank You Stickers
AVP/Videographer
Photographers (ask Mae, Mark and Francis)
Photo session with Pic-A-Boo Photo Studio

Okay, looking at what I have now, I think I'm doing a great job with this DIY Party Planning! ✌

Alright, time to sleep. It'll be Mother's Day soon. Honestly, I'm quite excited as it's going to be my first Mom's Day celeb. I wonder what's in store for me tomorrow? *wink wink*

Now, before I end this post, here's a picture of my baby trying on his new Lightning McQueen cap:


6 comments:

  1. it's so fun preparing for children's birthday party noh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! Compared to when I was planning for my wedding (we didn't hire a party planner), parang mas buy ako ngayon hehe. And super fun talaga! Na-extract ko na ata lahat ng creative juices na meron ako LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also raided 168 for my son's christening! happy party planning! :)

    Mish
    http://starmishie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sis! 168 is a new found shopping haven for me. i can't believe i've only discovered it now. anyway, followed your blog as well. cute baby :)

      Delete
  4. Hi sis!

    Im from GT. You've got such an eye for detail! Happy Birthday little Zeke!

    Followed you through GFC
    Pls follow mine, too!

    xoxo,,
    http://carmiscaprice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sis! followed your blog na :)

      Delete