Saturday, May 5

DIY Party Planning (Part Two)

Where are we now? We’re nearing the two-month period of preparation for my little boy’s first birthday bash. Ever since I’ve made my planner and also did a Pinterest account, I have been overly stoked to finish everything on my checklist.
Just an update, here’s what you’ve missed on my party planning (finalized checklist):
Date: July 7, 2012 (two days before his real birthday as the ninth falls on a Monday)
Time: 2 o’clock in the afternoon (probably until 4 or 5 in the afternoon)

Theme: Disney Pixar Cars
Guests: 70 adults, 30 kids (excluding the 5 babies I have on my list, I mean, they don’t actually eat yet, right?)
Souvenirs: For the adults- hire a photo booth with a customized lay-out using Zeke’s photos, For the kids- 30 mini Lightning McQueen stools from Handicrafts, Atbp., For the babies- 5 Lightning McQueen plushies **** Still thinking about what to give the godparents as souvenirs.
Games: I have decided on five games (Race Car Relay, Trip Around the Race Tracks, Fastest Refilling Station, Look for Zeke the Racer, and Cheer up Zeke) --- three for the kids plus the pabitin and the pinyata, two for the adults.
Prizes: 10 Major prizes (Cars watch from Divi, will still canvass the price) and 20 consolation prices (maybe loot bags filled with school supplies and candies)
Party Needs: Will take a trip to Divi by the end of this month, weeee!
Photoshoot: Pic-A-Boo in The Block for the DYI invites, tarpaulin and standee
My husband’s nephew’s girlfriend agreed on doing the lay-out for the invitation and tarpaulin. She also volunteered on doing the AVP (How nice!)
Photographers/Videographers: Good thing DSLRs are now readily available so I have three trusty picture takers --- my husband’s niece, my sister-in-law and my sister’s boyfriend.
Cake: Will be using Little Cakes Factory and I think we will opt for the customized, two-layered cake.

Now, here’s what we’re still debating on:
Entertainment: My hubby and I want a clown host that can do magic tricks and balloon twisting. Currently under negotiations.
Food: We want an adult and kid buffet, still checking the packages sent by Villa Ronar and CVJ Catering. We also want a candy buffet and food carts.
Venue: Villa Ronar offers an extremely tempting package and so does CVJ. But we’re also considering getting a venue rate only and doing the rest of the preps ourselves. ***UPDATE!! We'll be getting Gaberielle's Place in Marikina City. (5/7/12)
Party Needs: Hoping to score a good package from our online requests
Costume: I have inquired with Baby Fashionist and unfortunately, the measurement taking/pick-up is at Sta. Mesa --- too far from our place. Back to square one then.
***UPDATE!! We'll be getting Theresemer Enterprises for Zeke and our costumes. (5/7/12)
So far, everything is looking a bit messy (from my point of view) but at least, we were able to finalized some of the things that needed priority.

I’ll keep you posted, dear readers! On the 14th, we’ll probably take Zeke at The Block to have his first ever photo shoot. I’m so excited!

3 comments:

  1. Happy planning sis.

    Sorry for the late reply. I just posted on GT regarding the checkered black and white fabric which I bought in Divisoria.

    Happy planning sis! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sis! Okay, I'll read it na lang in GT. I love your blog and super duper helpful tips for DIY Party Planning. You're a doll! thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right,Good to see these useful info here..Thanks a lot for sharing them with us….

    Celebrity Party Planner

    ReplyDelete