Thursday, May 31

Book Review: Who Moved My Cheese by Dr. Spencer Johnson

I had this book since forever but I've never read it until today. It's a short story, enough for someone to read it for like, 30 minutes or less but when it comes to lessons learned, my gosh, I don't know why I let myself live without reading this book.


The story is about four mice named Sniff, Scurry, Hem and Haw. These characters live in a maze (which represents environment) and their main goal is to search for cheese ( which represents happiness and success). Since we're dealing with animal characters, yep, you've guessed it --- it's a fable; a fable that can help you cope up with the only constant thing on earth: CHANGE.

Admit it, when change happens, we often react negatively towards it. Dealing with it can result to stress, complaints and worst, resistance. Even I can see a bit of Hem in myself especially when I don't like the change. Sometimes, it's easier to complain and feel rejected than to actually embrace the change and be joyful in the end.

Change is constant, whether we like it or not. Acceptance is the key and letting go. You too can create that change in your life. If you don’t know where to start, begin by reading this book. It will help you understand it more, just like how it helped me.

No comments:

Post a Comment