Sunday, May 13

My First Ever Mother's Day

I gave birth July of last year so I still can't (technically) qualify to be called a mother so today would be my first mother's day celebration. Honestly, I wasn't expecting anything extra-ordinary as we're focused on Zeke's first birthday.



Well, I was in for a surprise. Instead of me doing the cooking, my husband cooked my favorite breakfast ---- pancakes drenched in maple syrup, poached eggs and a cup of delicious tea. ☺ But what really caught my attention was the shape of the pancakes. Take a look and see for yourself:


He kept on insisting that it's a heart. I let it passed as I was touched by what he wrote on the pancake. Mind you, he's normally NOT a romantic person. I wonder what changed him. ✌

I still can't get over the fact that I am finally a mother. When I was little, I've always looked up to my mom as a sort of superwoman. Although I had the privilege of having a yaya, my mother always made sure that she makes us her #1 priority.


My mom was always there whenever I need her. Boys problem, school dilemma, friendship talks. She was my best friend. And, to tell you frankly, I didn't have ANY idea how difficult it is to become a mom as she showed no kapaguran. She was my idol, my beacon of hope. I think that will never change.


And now, it's my turn to do everything she did and probably more to my adorable Zeke. I remembered how difficult it was to carry him in my womb especially during the critical months. But I enjoyed pregnancy; it taught me so many things that I would never know had I not chosen to become a mom.


And now, I am still learning. My son is almost a year old and he's definitely good at testing my patience. He's learning and developing so fast that I'm often afraid of blinking because if I do, I might miss it. All I want to do now is become the best mother for Zeke. Thus, I promised to do what my mother did to me, and if I could surpass it, I will.


Enjoy this day ♥


2 comments:

  1. Belated Happy Mother's Day! From your previous posts, it seems that you are a wonderful mom yourself! Stay blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Have a wonderful day and God Bless :*

    ReplyDelete