Saturday, May 12

Cooking 101: Tempura-Styled Fish Fillet with Garlic Mayo Dip

My suki was able to grab a few bags of Cream Dory at the local farmer's market today so I bought home a kilo. I've been wanting to do an experiment on this fish for a long time and thankfully, now's my chance.

I got this recipe from my (surprise, surprise) mum and it was the easiest fish fillet recipe I've ever done.


Ingredients:
1 cup All-Purpose Flour
500g Cream Dory fillet, cut into serving pieces
2 beaten eggs
salt & pepper to taste
3T calamansi or lemon juice
oil for pan frying

for the sauce-
1 cup mayonnaise
1 head garlic, crushed
2 T sugar

Procedure:
  1. Thaw the frozen fish fillet properly. Pour the lemon or calamansi juice over the fish. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  2. Prepare the APF in a saucer and the beaten eggs in a bowl. Coat each serving piece lightly in APF then in eggs then in APF again before frying. You may substitute the last APF coating to Japanese bread crumbs to add crunch to the fillet.
  3. Pan fry and drain in paper towels.
  4. For the sauce, combine mayo, crushed garlic and sugar. Mix well.
  5. Serve with a steaming bowl of rice.

2 comments:

  1. sarap pag panko ang coating. and with fried rice, yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ay, i agree! super yummy and nagiging crunchy ung fish fillet :)

    ReplyDelete