Saturday, April 28

Book Review: How to Walk in High Heels - The Girl's Guide to Everything by Camilla Morton



This in not your typical seek help book. If you ask me, it's more of a chick lit with a twist of self-help meets fashion magazine. As you all know, I love fashion and really, I found the very definition of fashion AND passion in this book.

I know you might find that the tips in this book are beyond your means --- you're right. How much does a pair of Manolo Blahniks costs? I wouldn't know as I've never even seen a pair. But, if you read between the lines, you'll see that all the advices are not only for a specific brand. When and if you read this book, be open-minded and try to think of other brands where you could actually use the said advice, ie Tory Burch shoes or a Longchamp bag.

Anyway, this book also gives advices about your career, family life and even the simplest, forget-me-not things like brassiere and clubbing. Remember, it won't hurt if you think about yourself for a little while. How can you bring out the best in others if you don't know how to bring out the best in you?

Have fun. Live life to the fullest. Read a book like this and you won't regret it --- I didn't.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You sure know how to plan a party like a pro. I'm sure your son loved what you have done for him as well as his friends.

    Care to link exchange? Farida :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sis! I have followed you via GFC and also on my blog roll! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was fast :) I followed you as well. Sorry for the previous post. This was supposed to be for your emtry before this. Hope to know you more and be friends in the coming days to come as I visit your blog to read more about you and the things you blog about. God bless and take care :D Farida

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to meet you too Farida. Lovely name :) Take care and God bless too.

    ReplyDelete