Saturday, September 3

Immunizations, Pedia Visits, and Zeke's Milestones

Zeke turns 8 weeks today and of course, since he's nearing his second month, it means only one thing ---- another pedia visit.
Items inside Zeke's diaper bag: Baby Record book, baby wipes, alcohol, change of clothes, bib, blanket and of course, diapers
Zeke will get his 5-in-1(penta) and Rotavirus shots today. His pedia, Dr. Borja, already explained the reasons why he needs these shots but for everyone's sake, I've Googled these vaccinations and here's the information I got:
  • Penta was one vaccine which is used to prevent five diseases - diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis (whooping cough), hepatitis B and haemophilus influenza type B.
  • Rotavirus is the leading cause of severe acute gastroenteritis (vomiting and diarrhea) among children worldwide.
I've also checked the Net for the immunization needs of Zeke. If I remember correctly, he has been given the first dose of Hepatitis B vaccine during his birth (7/9/11) as well as BCG (7/17/11). Then, when he turned 10 days old, the second dose of Hepatitis B vaccine was given (7/19/11). Your child should get the following immunization:



XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO 

Okay, we just got back from the hospital and guess what? My son does not hate medicines! His pedia kept saying "Oh, very good!" when she was giving Zeke the rotavirus vaccine (it's actually taken orally). Now, I gave him Calpol (Paracetamol) at 0.3ml as advised by his pedia and he swallowed everything in one gulp! His pedia said that the 5-in-1 vaccine can make the baby feverish so to avoid the fever completely, he should be given Paracetamol. Anyway, I think I wouldn't have any problems giving my baby medicines. Good boy! I think that's the reason why he's now 10.78lbs; he's so matakaw!


Look at my Zeke at 8th week! :)
Anyway, let me list all of Zeke's milestone before he turns two months on the 9th:


During his first week:
Look at his Apgar score!
  • responds in an automatic way when touched at various places (ie sucks when something touches the mouth)
  • first sneeze
  • first smile
  • weighs 7.6lbs and he's 20 inches long
During his second week:
  • has different cries when in pain, sleepy or hungry
  • lifts his head wobbly when placed on his tummy
During his third week:
  • puts finger and hands into the mouth
During his first month:
  • makes different facial expressions in response to different tastes (like water)
  • weighs 9.01lbs
During his sixth week:
  • uses his eyes and head to follow things that move
  • recognizes familiar face and sounds
During his seventh week:
  • makes squealing and gurgling sounds (cooing)
  • smiles sometimes when interacting with the person
During his eight week (almost two months):
  • looks more at faces than other objects
  • weighs 10.78lbs

7/20/11 - first bath

I love it when he stares back. :)

Look at his nostrils! He got that from me, haha

He has a birthmark! Angel's kiss!

Pedia visit outfit
Sleeping baby Zeke at 8 weeks :)
That's it for now, I think. I'll update the milestones as soon as he turns three months.





No comments:

Post a Comment