Wednesday, September 7

Miss-Match.com: A Virtual Closet Website

I got the news about the virtual closet site from one of my favorite bloggers, Jenni Epperson. She inspires me so much because she is able to balance fashion, family and fun lifestyle.



Anyway, I know this is another non-Zeke related post but heck, I want to share the good news with my fellow fashionista mommies out there. I have recently signed up for a free account at their website and so far, I am loving it. I took all their quizzes and look at the fun results:



I also adore their advice column that answers members' questions. Take the "Dressing Dilemma" articles that I found very insightful:

The Corporate-to-Cocktails Look

"How do I put together an outfit that can look professional at work, yet stylish enough for an evening date or gimmick?"--Missy from Makati

We asked Liza Ilarde, Manila Bulletin's Style Weekend editor and all-around fashion guru, to answer Missy's dressing dilemma. Liza says:

"As an editor, I'm always invited to store openings and product launches—and since I'm always chasing deadlines, I have no time to go home from work and change! So I have three tricks to achieving an AM-to-PM look in an instant. First is layering: You can wear a pair of slim-cut trousers or a pencil skirt and a sexy halter or tube top, BUT top the outfit with a tailored jacket, which you should keep on during office hours. After six, peel off the jacket and no one will suspect you came straight from the office! Second trick is all in the accessories. Corporate attire requires proper pumps, understated pearls, and a no-nonsense tote. Stash a pair of killer heels, over-the-top bling, and a sleek clutch in your desk drawer for those spur-of-moment hook-ups with your barkada! Lastly, your makeup can make all the difference. Smokey eyes and/or neon-pink lips may not be appropriate in the boardroom, but at your favorite bar or club, anything goes!"
The best thing about the website is you can pile up on clothes on their stockroom, choose to put it in your closet but you don't have to buy it! It's like playing dress up for free!

I think this would help working moms figure out what to wear to the office on a weekly basis or when going out with their husbands on date nights. This would be helpful for me because I don't have the time to window shop or look at magazines as I used to since my schedule now revolves around chores, Zeke, work and hubby.

So, I encourage all fashionista mommies out there to try this website. Go on, sign up and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment