Sunday, May 29

Mommy's Hospital Bag Checklist

I am finally done with my baby's bag (remember that uber cure Baby Couture bag? Yes, it's finally ready!). Now that I have no worries about my baby's items, I think it's about time that I prepare my own bag. I mean, I can't let my husband prepare it on the day of my labor, right? He might be in a rush mode that he might end up packing the wrong clothes! The horror .

Anyway, I've Google-d the checklist and here's what I've gathered :


  • 2 comfortable night gowns (because seriously, the hospital gowns are very rough and itchy, I barely slept!) with buttons in front
  • 2 pairs of pajamas (if you become too cold)
  • 1 going-home outfit (most OB-GYNEs suggest a maternity dress because my tummy's still big and to avoid uncomfortable pain especially when you underwent a C section delivery)
  • 3-5 pairs of socks
  • a couple of nursing / maternity bras and maternity panties
  • breast pads, nursing cream and a lot of maternity sanitary pads
  • nursing pillow (to help find a comfortable spot for baby)
  • toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, loofah, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, powder, Lactacyd, facial wash, stretch mark cream, comb, mirror and cologne)
  • iPod, book, Maxicare card, pen and paper and IDs
  • scrunchies or barrettes
  • lip gloss or lip balm
  • slippers
I think that's about it. Now, for my husband. I would like him to be in the delivery room with me, taking pictures and if given a chance, I want him to cut our baby's umbilical cord. But, we still need to ask permission from the doctors/hospital if that's possible.

Anyway, I've also searched the Net for his checklist and look at what I found:
  • Change of clothes
  • Snacks
  • Something to drink
  • Camera and film or memory card
  • Video camera with batteries charged and any necessary cartridges or tapes
  • Change for vending machines or phones
  • Deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste and any other toiletries
  • Something to distract him, especially when labor takes too long
Okay, now that we're settled with the checklists, let me just do a quick rundown on what's inside my baby's bag:
  • sleeveless baby shirts
  • long sleeved baby shirts
  • short sleeved baby shirts
  • gauze cloth diapers (6 pieces) with cute pins
  • one-suit clothing
  • bonnet
  • receiving blankets with hoods
  • pajamas
  • mittens
  • booties
  • socks
  • bib
  • burp blankets
  • first aid kit (complete set)
  • wash cloths
  • Avent feeding bottles (just in case)
  • binder (still need to buy)
  • newborn disposable diapers (still need to buy)
  • car seat (for the car ride)
The rest of his stuff will be left at home. Of course, he's not going to live in the hospital, DUH! Hmm, I think that's about it.

Okay, will look for my stuff tomorrow during our shopping! Will post them as soon as possible!

EDITED:

What's inside my HOSPITAL BAG:

Night shirt
Support or nursing bras
Bra pads
Full panties
Toiletries
Hair brush
Face cloth
Towel
Slippers
Socks
Dressing gown

nursing bra, baby bump undies and night gowns for the hospital :)

No comments:

Post a Comment