Saturday, May 28

Tips to Live By

Yesterday, my good friend Jeanette and I went to Trinoma mall to meet her sister. She was supposed to buy a pair of shoes to wear for her cousin's wedding. As it turns out, she's not into 3-inched high heels! I mean, I can't believe she has NO desire of wearing high heels. She's contented with flats, sandals, and the occasional kitty heels. Is she for real?

Wow, I really can't get over it! I mean, look at me. It has been 6 months since I last wore a pair of sexy stilettos. Ever since I got pregnant, I was advised to wear flats, sandals, sneakers --- in short, anything BUT heels.

flats = boring

heels = bolder!
It has been tough, to be honest. I live in my heels! A shopping day is never complete without me trying on high heels.

But, of course, when you're pregnant, you have no choice but to wear flats. Why? Let me tell you a story.

I wore a two-inched (only) high heels on my wedding day just so I can prove to them that pregnant women can wear heels. Wrong decision! I was fine all-throughout the ceremony but when we got to the reception program, I can feel my heels pulsating (literally). I thought I was only imagining things because, DUH, we don't have pulse in the heel area. Wrong again.

My feet were very sore! It felt like they were pulsating because my veins were in agony! Good thing my sister packed a pair of my old Havaianas. Once my feet were out of the heels, it was the most relieving feeling ever.

So, I would NOT recommend high heels during pregnancy. And, according to Daphne Metland, it's because of:

The ligaments that control your lower back are softened during pregnancy, so they are more at risk of being stretched and damaged. The problem with high heels is that they alter your posture and put a strain on this already weakened area. This could contribute to lower back pain, which can be severe.

Flat shoes are therefore a better bet on a day-to-day basis. They will ensure that you are comfortable and minimise the strain put on your back. To compromise, you could spend part of the day in heels and keep a pair of low-heeled shoes in your bag to change into later.


All in all, it’s best to save your high heels for special occasions. Especially as your feet can get wider in pregnancy, so if you have a much coveted pair of Manolos, they may stretch and not fit you afterwards. The horror!
Okay, enough about shoes.

Jeanette and I also went to The Landmark to check on some baby stuff. I badly needed a baby clothes detergent so that I can wash all the new clothes I've bought from Rustan's, My mother-in-law told me I can use Perla or Ivory soap. But, according to most doctors and pediatrician, it's better to use a mild detergent designed especially for babies.

That's when I saw this:

I bought the three 100g packs of the powder detergent for trial
It seems only fair to wash my baby's clothes with something as mild as CYCLES because according to the packaging:

CYCLES does not contain harsh chemicals and does not leave soap residue that may harm your baby’s sensitive skin. It does not contain irritants such as dyes, optical brighteners, enzymes, bleach and fabric softeners which you will find in other detergents.


CYCLES is proven mild and safe on your baby’s sensitive skin. It is SGS-certified (Societe Generale de Surveillance) which verifies the hypoallergenic properties of CYCLES.
Pretty clever, right? I'll tell you all about it once I've tried the product. By the way, I think I'll do the washing myself. I don't feel comfortable letting anyone touch my baby's clothes. Well, maybe my mom or my mother-in-law. We'll see (once I've given birth, haha). But for now, I'm doing self-laundry, just like what I do with my delicate.

Okay, I think that's all for now. I have more tips up my sleeves but my eyes would really like to rest. My husband and I have been working around the house since 7AM today so naturally, my body is exhausted. Plus, I have to tame my little wild child baby. He has been whirling around my tummy ever since I opened my laptop! Baby, time to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment