Monday, May 23

The Bet That Started It All

Ever since I can remember, my husband and I never bet on the same team. It's in our nature to always bet against each other, may it be in basketball, F1, tennis... you name it. Keeps the fire burning, haha.

Currently, we're following the NBA Eastern Finals (because my Lakers lost so I'm rooting for the Bulls to win). And we made a bet. He's betting on Miami while I go for the underdogs.

What's at stake? Nothing fancy, just a new pair of footwear. Take a look:

For my hubby, he wants a new pair of Vibram FiveFingers Footwear. I'm not really sure what's the fuss about these because I don't like the style. Seriously, what's so fashionable about wiggly toes?

Apparently, that's not the reason why he wants it. Then, he showed me the website:

It comes in different colors too!

Join the barefooting revolution.


When we first introduced Vibram FiveFingers® footwear to the world, it was the beginning of a revolution.
For the first time, active outdoor athletes and fitness professionals were able to experience the sensation and freedom of going barefoot with the protection and sure-footed grip of a Vibram sole. Their response exceeded our wildest expectations.
Some customers told us they felt more connected to the earth and more in tune with their bodies. Others discovered an increased sense of balance and greater agility. And many reported health benefits like improved posture and less back pain. All were generous with their praise and their ideas, often suggesting new and creative uses for FiveFingers.

Our patented barefooting concept continues to evolve.


Now you can choose from a variety of designs to cover the wide range of activities you would rather do barefoot—everything from fitness training and yoga, to running and trekking, to kayaking and sailing. Clearly, the barefooting revolution is alive and well.
I guess it's because he's an athlete. Well, I'm an athlete but I still don't like the wiggly toes.

My turn.

I badly want a pair of Jimmy Choo sandals but I don't think I can wear high heels for the meantime. Well, not until I'm done with breastfeeding atleast. My OB advised me to keep it low in the shoe department to avoid accidents, varicose veins, and cracked heels. I can always wear heels when baby turns one.

Caitlin
So, instead of a sophisticated pair, I want a new pair of FitFlops. I have a pair in white, given by my husband's generous sister, but I want another pair because not only do they cushion my sole (because of my pregnancy weight gain) but they also help tone my muscles! I mean, when I got pregnant, I gave up jogging in UP which means I have no way of fixing my leg flabs (haha). Then came FitFlop. Look what I saw in their website:

FitFlop. Get a workout while you walk™
View the Benefits of FitFlop Footwear
FitFlop footwear is biomechanically engineered to help tone and tighten your leg muscles while you walk in them. Studies at the Centre for Human Performance at LSBU show that normal walking in FitFlop sandals* can help:
  • help increase leg and bottom muscle activity (up to 30%). (so you feel less ache in your hips and knees)
  • absorb more shock than a normal shoe (up to 22%)
  • help realign ground force reaction closer to your joints
* When compared to a control shoe. Case studies were performed on Microwobbleboard technology over a forty-eight month period by Dr David Cook, Senior Lecturer in Biomechanics, and Darren James at the Centre for Human Performance at London South Bank University (LSBU).
I want the Pietra design, look! Gorgeous, isn't it?

side view

top view
Or I could go for the Frou Fuschine! Another fab design!

seriously frilly!

Alright. I think I made my point. Let's just hope Bulls beat Heat this year or else I'll be stuck with the wiggly toes for the rest of my life. Well, that is, until it gets "accidentally" destroyed. Haha, kidding. Until then, Time for my baby and I to get some Zzzs. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment