Saturday, June 11

Cooking 101: Chicken Adobo

I have two ways on how to cook my hubby's favorite viand: my mother-in-law's way and my mum's way. To avoid any conflict, I'll post both recipes here. Enjoy!


MAMA'S CHICKEN ADOBO

1/2 k chicken wings and legs
1 whole head of garlic, crushed
4T soy sauce
1T vinegar
whole peppercorn
salt for seasoning
laurel leaf
2 cups water

Procedure:
  1. Marinade chicken with the crushed garlic, soy sauce and vinegar. Let it stand for 10 minutes.
  2. Place in a saucepan. Add water. Simmer until chicken is tender. Add laurel leaf.
  3. Add peppercorn and salt to taste.
  4. Serve with steaming rice.
MUM'S SEMI-DRIED CHICKEN AND PORK ADOBO

1/2 k chicken breast, wings and legs
1/2 k pork kasim
1 whole head of garlic, crushed
1/8 cup soy sauce
5T vinegar
3T sugar
laurel leaf
peppercorn
1 cup water

Procedure:
  1. Saute garlic in oil. Add pork and chicken until brown.
  2. Pour soy sauce. Mix well. Add sugar to taste.
  3. Pour vinegar and water. Let it simmer until tender.
  4. Add laurel leaf and peppercorn.
  5. Serve with steaming rice.
Now, try it! You'll love it, I swear! 

No comments:

Post a Comment