Wednesday, February 29

Book Review: Love You Forever by Robert Munsch

Before the Internet craze of posting (and re-posting), tweeting (and re-tweeting) and sharing (and yes, re-sharing), this was taken from a real book by Robert Munsch entitled "Love You Forever". I first heard of this book from my college best friend Gemma. They innocently found it hidden in one of the dusty shelves in Powerbooks. During that time, I wasn't as interested because, c'mon, I was in college and ultimately, the main thing in my head was to pass and have a great time.


The little boy reminds me of Zeke and his chubby pits! :')
Fast forward to today...

I am now a mother of an almost 8-month old baby and yes, I sing tons of songs to my little one to help him get to sleep. I even made my own song:

Go to sleep
Little Zeke
Close your eyes
We'll play tomorrow
All your friends
Will wait for you
Until you open up
Your eyes

He loves this song as much as he loves the Rock-A-Bye Baby lullaby. I remember, this books also happens to have a lullaby in it:

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.

This made me cry because I know now how the mother felt in the story. It's true --- you'd never understand what it was like to be a mother until you become one.

I highly recommend this book not only to young mothers like me, but to everyone out there. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment