Sunday, July 29

Mommy Wardrobe

I remember posting a few pictures of my pregnancy wardrobe and since then, I've been longing to write more about fashion (as it is clearly stated that I am into clothes and style). I consider myself not a fashionista but a stylista. You see, fashion come and go but style, well, it's more of a long-term basis.

Now that I'm a mom though, I try to stay away from loud colors (except hot pink because in my opinion, everybody looks good in pink) and tend to stick with the neutral. I have a tendency to also stay in a monochromatic format, thus my love for matching pieces.

As you can see from the pictures above (on my way to the office), my style is more of classical girly and royalty preppy. I love clean-shaven fashion and I find nothing wrong with prep (ie navy blue sweaters and long strands of pearls). In fact, it makes people, in my opinion, look smart and well, privileged.

I adore dresses, may it be in plain or in prints. High heels is a must footwear for me as I only stand 5' tall. Nonetheless, that doesn't mean I don't wear shorts. Heck I do, but I still try to look girly in them *teehee* Leggings and tights are my best friends and yes, I pair them with flats.

I think copying someone else style should be considered as a crime because, really, fashion and style should come from within and should be effortless. I do have style icons though and they are the people pictured above, starting off with Audrey Hepburn, Blair Waldorf (I prefer the character's sense of style over Leighton Meester because I find hers mostly Bohemian), Kate Middleton, Reese Witherspoon (and her character Elle Woods too!), Gwyneth Paltrow, Emma Stone, Charlize Theron and Katie Holmes. As you have guessed, most of them (if not all) exude prep and class.

I think that's all for now. If you want to see more about my fashion interventions (and what-nots), check out my Polyvore here. Oooh, I love this site. It helps me think (and list down) the items that I need to buy on my next shopping trip! My pinterest is also kinda full of fashion-related goodies. I think if I'm not an underwriter, this might have been my chosen career (although on second thoughts, I think it's not yet too late to try on a different career path, don't you agree?) Seize the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment