Tuesday, July 31

Book Review: The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

I know this book targets the young adult genre but for me, I think this book tackles mainly everybody's awkward stage in life --- high school. Although I wouldn't consider myself as an introvert, this book still gave me memories of my past self (goosies!) minus the drugs, sex and violence.

Adolescence is a beautiful phase, full of curiosity and questions and yes, even experimentation. I wonder what happened to all of us when we grew up because really, the wondering and thinking began to subside when we hit the 9-5 job life style.

Another interesting topic of this book is the collaboration and explanation of the wonderful classical stories like To Kill A Mockingbird, Peter Pan and Catcher in the Rye to name a few plus the amazing films (like Dead Poets Society) which our generation today fails to comply with.

Anyway, I would highly recommend this book especially to teenagers although parental guidance is advised (especially when you reach the part where... ooppps, don't want to spoil the fun!)

No comments:

Post a Comment