Tuesday, January 31

Book Review: You Are An Amazing Girl by Ashley Rice

As part of my comeback (and somewhat, a New Year's goal), I am going to read a book every month and will provide book reviews and maybe even recommend books. For starters, I have read this awesome book by Ashley Rice. It's not your typical paperback-slash-bedside kind of book but I assure you, it'll be one the best books you'll read IN YOUR LIFETIME. This may sound cliche but it will change your life (ala-Oprah).

This book can be categorized under the inspirational category as it doesn't provide a concrete story but more of amazing (as the book title conveys) advices about the ups and downs of being a girl. By the way, don't be surprised by the age range of this book --- 7 and up. I know, for little kids but if you read between the lines, not only does this book caters to the young but for the young-at-heart.

 
Brilliant things happen unexpectedly. Well, that's what I think happened when I found this book lying around in my sister's room. I want to share this book to ALL the girls out there. It's only 60+ pages long but every page gives totally amazing advice! The author is Ashley Rice and based from what I've read in Google, she has written several books about being a totally awesome girl. I hope you enjoy the book as much as I did. :)

Introduction: You Are an Amazing Girl is about a lot of things. It's about knowing how to win as well as how to lose and not get discouraged. It's about seeking out positive relationships in your life and not feeling pressured to be someone you're not. It's about expanding your mind and taking care of your body. It's about daring to take chances and making a contribution to the world with your talent. It's about caring and sharing and never giving up even when things get hard. But mostly it's about you ---- yes, you --- and everything you can be.
Well, that's only the introduction. My favorite poem in the book is:
What Makes You Different
You are unique, it's true...
There is no else quite like you
So don't hesitate to step out from the crowd,
To show your own style, your own smile,
Your own way of doing things...
Individuality is one of the greatest gift in life.
I'm not sure if it's still available in the market but I'd bet that it has a downloadable PDF somewhere. If you haven't read it yet, grab a copy (or search for it) because you'll be glad that you did. Seize the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment