Sunday, January 15

Zeke's Milestones (3rd Month - present)

A lot has happened in the past three months and somehow, I still can't believe that my baby has just celebrated his sixth month last Monday! Looking back, I am astounded by how fast my baby's development is ---- can you believe he already said his first word yesterday? It happened while his uncle is carrying him. He showed Zeke the fish in a dream catcher in our house and he began to sniff. When he was about to cry, he blurted out "Mamamamamamama..." while looking at me! He was calling out for me! Can you believe it? :'(

Sigh. Time does fly so fast when you're having fun. Here's the list of Zeke's milestones in chronological order:

10.17.2011 - first mass


10.23.2011 - baptism




10.27.2011 - first laugh
10.31.2011 - he can be carried in an upright position without any back support
11.02.2011 - first half roll-over
11.03.2011 - first FULL roll-over





11.11.2011 - first overnight

11.15.2011 - first feet grabbing
12.03.2011 - first attempt to crawl
12.09.2011 - first gurgling sound and his first "laugh at himself" antics
12.17.2011 - he sits while being carried
12.25.2011 - his first attempt to stand up
12.30.2011 - his first attempt to walk while being held in a standing position




12.31.2011 - he does the "prrrffftt" sound
12.31.2011 - sits while leaning on something
01.03.2012 - tries to sit on his own while in his stroller


high chair

01.06.2012 - first haircut by mommy (bangs only)



01.09.2012 - favorite past time -- sucking his big toes
01.13.2012 - he talks to himself to make himself sleepy
01.14.2011 - first word: MAMA(MAMAM) :D and he can now talk using baby talk (real syllables)


Of course, we always celebrate his monthly birthday. On his third month, we celebrated it together with his baptism, on his fourth month we celebrated it with my side of the family via an overnight visit, on his fifth month we celebrated it together with his Dad's birthday and finally, on his sixth month, we celebrated it together with his cousin's 15th birthday.

Third Month @Max's Ampid


Fourth month @Maly
Fifth month @home while reaching for my toys
Sixth month (where I said my first word)
It really doesn't matter. As long as Zeke's weight gain is doing good, I know I'm on the right track :):


Birth - 7.6lbs
1st month - 4.1kg
2nd month -  4.9 lbs
3rd month - 6.1kg
4th month - 7.3kg

5th month - 8kg
6th month - 8.6kg

On his last pedia visit (Jan 2012), his pedia advised us to take it easy with the milk because Zeke is now more than double of his birth weight (which means his almost overweight --- I do keep a chart and I know he's still within the curve :P)

It's quite overwhelming when you think about it, really. Zeke's needs is our utmost goal that's why most of our house expenses are his.

Huggies Comfort for morning
Huggies Dry Comfort for night
Johnson's Baby Wipes
S26 milk formula (when I was unable to pump enough for the day)

Up-to-date vaccine (done with his Rota and on his last shot of penta)
Clothes, socks, shoes, etc

But, when you think about it, everything is really worth it. I mean, really, the purpose of getting married (besides showing the world how much you love each other) is about building a strong, God-fearing and exceptionally healthy family. ;)

Who wouldn't fall in love with my Pots?

Now, I'm starting Zeke with his solid food tomorrow. I'm trying on Cerelac first for a few days then I'll add homemade baby food (I'll talk about this more on my next posts). I'll keep you posted but for now, I'll leave you with Zeke's mouthwatering cake:

HAPPY 6TH MONTH, POTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment