Friday, August 24

On Teething and Walking (Pt. 2)

Somehow, I still can't believe that my son is already running (yes, running at the age of a year and almost two months). Although he has been walking (with assistance from me or from our furniture) before his first birthday, it still felt surreal to actually see him walk on his own, let alone, running around the house like a kid on hyper-fuel.

At the same time, his two (lower) front teeth have finally emerged and although these are still tiny and cutesy, man, these teeth can leave bite marks everywhere! And guess what's the most painful part... I'm still breastfeeding (cue "OUCH"). Nonetheless, it's all part of being a mom.

Sheesh, look at me, typing and shedding a few tears on the way. I am officially a mother of a one-year old boy toddler. Amazing. And now, a bigger challenge awaits.

I heard toddlers are tricky --- they've grown enough to have their own ideas and wants (oh boy, Zeke sure knows how to tell us what HE wants and how to get it), but their bodies and emotions haven't kept pace, although I'm pretty sure Zeke has already developed a part of his emotional intelligence.

Have I told you he's already capable of getting down from our bed? And oh, he knows a lot of things now, from mimicking animal sounds, opening and closing doors, and yes, he knows the difference between plain water and fruit juice. He definitely knows what he likes from what he doesn't like. I wasn't surprised to learn from his last pedia visit that he's now 11kgs (yes, nearing the overweight mark). But I'm not worried because he can easily burn the calories as he's very energetic and loves to play all day!



Okay, now that I've updated my blog about Zeke, I think it's about time I make another post regarding the latest development(s) of Alec Ezekiel. I'll keep you posted, dear readers! For now, enjoy the long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment