Saturday, March 3

Zeke's First Out of Town Trip

It was the perfect Saturday afternoon. My college friend Anna is finally getting married to her long-time boyfriend Allen. They've been a good friend of our family so I feel excited and really happy for them. It's because she's family. And, thanks to them, another milestone is about to happen to my dear baby boy --- his first out of town trip!



The church where the wedding ceremony occurred was at Sto. Nino de Cebu in Binan, Laguna. My husband and I rented a Vios car (coz we're still saving up for our own car *wink*) so that it'll be a hassle-free ride.


We were a bit early --- umm, okay, MAJOR early. The wedding was scheduled to start at 3:30 in the afternoon and we arrived there at 1PM! We thought there will be a heavy traffic in the South area. At least I got to take a few pictures before the wedding began.




The wedding was wonderful! What more, I get to see my godchild Gaeb (daughter of my best friend). Until now, I still can't believe that we're both mothers.


Anyway, we then went to the reception in Alabang (good thing we rented a car!). It was at The Palms Country Club, a really chic hotel/resort place. My Zeke was in awe when he saw the pool area.




My Zeke was dressed to the nines, wearing a cute polo and shorts pair from OshKosh B'Gosh courtesy of her Ninang Emet.

Okay, a few tips if you plan to take an out of town trip and you have no plans of overnight stay:

1) Pack a light bag with the following:


a. 5pcs of diapers (because you'll never know what surprises your little one can do)
b. blankets (one for nappy changes coz it's a hassle to bring your huge rubber mat, and another one for sun or wind protection or for breastfeeding sessions)
c. baby wipes and a plastic bag (for your disposable nappies)
d. baby powder and diaper rash cream (in case your little baby's bumbum gets irritated from the long drive)
e. bibs (and yes, you'll need a lot of it!)
f. bottle and formula milk (in case you're breastfeeding like me, you can always do it in the car but when you're in a crowded place, it'll only stress both you and your baby if you try to breastfeed him so an emergency bottle and formula is always a good thing to carry)
g. two pairs of clothes for changing
h. alcohol
i. Zeke's favorite toy (today we brought his teether)

2) Bring along his stroller because you'll surely get tired of carrying your (big) baby around all day!

3) Don't forget your breast pump!

That's all we brought with us today because really, it'll be a little bit over-baggage if we carry his pillows, favorite toy drum, etc. I'll make another post about overnight stays and what to bring on such occasion next time. For now, I'll leave you with this pictures (my favorite shots of the day!):



No comments:

Post a Comment