Saturday, March 31

Book Review: I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella

I have always been a fan of Sophie Kinsella, ever since I got my hands on her Confessions of a Shopaholic book. Now, I have her entire collection and I cannot wait for her newest novel after this.

I find chick-lit books to be funny, light, witty and very entertaining. I think this could be considered as one of my guilty pleasures, just like watching reality shows on the television.

Anyway, it has been quite awhile since I was able to read a non-baby related book so it was like a breath of fresh air when I saw this book in Powerbooks. With no second thoughts, I grabbed a copy and finished it in one seating. Yep, I finished reading it in Starbucks, while I was waiting for my husband to fetch me.

UK and US covers. I got the US version :)
Like any other Kinsella book, I've Got Your Number is a hilarious read, with tons of cheeky situations and grandiose lessons. The characters, especially that of Magnus, Poppy and Sam, could have existed in the real world. I mean, I could relate to Poppy's character of being "wanting to be always liked" that when it was first brought to attention, I literally cried.

If you're a young mom who wants to feel like a romantic heroine again, I recommend this book. Not only will you survive other round of diaper change but it will also remind you how fascinating it is to be dating again --- not that I am complaining about being married or anything. It's a refreshing story, one that you'll have a hard time forgetting, especially the comedic turn of events! Oh gosh, I do hope Sophie Kinsella writes a new book soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment