Sunday, August 14

Looking Back (Our Love Story)

I just revisited my old blog and after re-reading all Dydy-related posts, I realized that's exactly how I feel until now. Fate has been good towards our relationship and after all the storms. we're still together. And yes, we have actually gotten married.And yes, we have created a wonderful miracle.

Call me a hopeless romantic, cheesy, cornball, whatever, I DO NOT CARE. I don't know what's up with tonight's weather but I felt like reminiscing. Maybe because I'm actually looking at my husband and baby while they're sleeping.

The missing pieces of my wonderful puzzle
I feel so lucky to have ended up with a man like my husband. Our love story is not as magical as most fairy tales nor as romantic as most movies but it was uniquely ours and to have defied 6 years and ended up married, wow, the Lord must have truly made us for each other.

Love has always been my favorite topic. Of course, I have not been spared of heartaches but I stood up strong and yes, I still consider love as an ally.

Zeke, if you're reading this and you have clicked on the links, yes, your father was not my first love. But do not despair, little one. They say first love never dies --- yes, they don't. But, they fade away. You want to know why? Because of true love. Everyone has a first love but not everyone is lucky enough to find their true love. Always remember that. And, like what I've said earlier, I am truly blessed to have found my true love.

Six years with your father as my boyfriend/fiance had been the best years of my life. I learned, realized, cherished and most of all, did so many things I never thought possible. I'll admit it was not smooth but the rough times only made our relationship stronger. As the saying goes, "tried and tested through time".

Celebrated birthdays

Ate dinner on ordinary days
Went sight-seeing

Rocked on concerts

Took pictures

Made unbreakable promises

Supported each other on game days
Had simple summer vacations

OUR FIRST PICTURE!
Attended weddings
Went to Bohol
To Boracay
To Tagaytay
Hiked to Mt. Pinatubo
To Pagudpod
Rode on planes
Did extreme sports
Watched sunsets
Took care of a labrador
Vacationed in Baguio
Shared kisses
Made memories
Settled our differences
Held hands

Now, you've added flavor to our relationship. You're like the missing spice to make our concoction tastier. And today, life gets better and better as the three of us sail through life.

Zeke, I love your father and of course, I love you too. And, as I have promised on our wedding day:

Once in a lifetime
"I will take care of you and our children as a child takes care of his most prized possession. I will love you forever and I will love you for always. Because with you, anywhere, I am home."

2 comments:

  1. Awww.... I'd give up my internet workstation anytime for posts and blogs like this. :D Truly happy for you LoiLoi! God bless your family! :*

    ReplyDelete