Sunday, January 2

Welcome to MOMMA MYMY

It's the start of the new year and for most Filipinos that means two things: BEGINNING and ENDING. Say goodbye to your old life and say hello to a better and more fruitful year.

Like an old tradition, this blog hopes to embody all things new and project all changes that may happen in my life. There will be a lot of milestones happening in 2011 to make it epic, this blog included.

Why MOMMA MYMY?

If you happen to really know me then it'll be obvious but since I am no celebrity, let me tell you the story.

I've been in love with the same guy for the past six years. This love is not perfect; it had its ups and downs but if there's one thing unique about this commitment, it's our terms of endearment for each other.

NO, it's not honey nor darling nor, God forbid, baby (which I consider as a jinx, no offense meant to others). We call each other Dydy and Mymy -- short for Daddy and Mommy. I've always considered our relationship as for keeps and at most points, I have been right.

As proof, I recently got engaged. Officially, that is.
 
It happened at exactly 12 midnight of January 1st. With fireworks and screaming as our background, he got down on one knee and presented a diamond ring as if it's his life and death. I cried. And when he asked, "Will you marry me?", I cried harder, hiccups and shivers included. Ahh, that was really perfect, the most romantic surprise he has ever done. It might not be as romantic as compared to the usual chick flicks we see but for me, it was the most romantic moment of my life. ;)


Anyway, I plan on keeping this blog as a personal journal of all preparations for both my wedding and childbirth. I hope to update it religiously and show it to my future baby (like an online scrapbook but mostly with words).

Again, happy new year! Let's make this an epic one.

No comments:

Post a Comment