Friday, December 9

MOMMA MYMY’S BACK!


Finally, after two months of hiatus, I am back dear readers! Okay, so before I go yak about what my precious little (big) boy has done lately, let me apologize for the lack of updates. I have two reasons why I was unable to post anything on my blog from October to November.

First, our Digitel DSL went bust. I have never been a fan of their service but due to things beyond my control, it was our chosen Internet (landline too!) service provider. It died after the Pedring typhoon and never came back. Thankfully, our PLDT application got accepted and here I am, back in the game (and on a faster connection too!)

I wish I was on a beach during my hiatus but nah, I working and being a mommy/wife. :D
On a better note, my second reason is I got promoted! I am now an underwriter. Being an underwriter is like an investigator-slash-medical researcher- slash-copywriter-slash-accountant-slash-awholelotmore. Yep, it’s a bit complicated and I can’t even properly define it. Of course this meant I have to undergo training and do a lot of reading (especially anatomy and physiology and oh boy, diseases such as cancer, CAD and diabetes). With mommy-hood and doing household chores already taking up most of my time, it’s a miracle that I even have time to read and adjust to my new job. Whew, just telling you about it is already a mouthful!

But don’t get me wrong. I love what’s happening to me right now. It has always been my dream to become a mother and a wife and this new job is the cherry on top. Naturally, with things being so busy, I had to give up some of the things I love to do like shopping and blogging. But fear not, dear readers (if I still HAVE readers), I’m planning to make a comeback before the year ends and hopefully, you’ll still have time to read my (mis)adventures with Zeke.

Zeke at 5 months :D
PS. I Googled underwriting and here’s its definition: “Underwriting is a way of determining the insurability of a client by reviewing their medical and financial details using various risk classification models. This practice can be dated back to 1800 B.C, when undertaking risk, or underwriting risk, of ships with goods was done. From those days, underwriting has evolved greatly and is presently categorized into life and non-life underwriting, both including financial underwriting.” More or less, risk assessment based on both medical and financial history of the client. Honestly, as difficult as it sounds, it’s really fun and interesting especially when you find something that the client didn’t disclose. Like what my hubby once told me, “Mymy, you’re like an NCIS only not in the series but in real life!” That was one of the best compliments I’ve ever heard from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment