Saturday, April 9

Backtrack: Wedding Preparation Part One (The Inspiration)

Okay, I know it's almost a month but somehow, I feel like I have to blog about this. Now that I'm FINALLY out in the open, I think it's better to share all our resources (I'm planning on making a scrapbook but procrastination got the better of me so yeah, an online one wouldn't hurt):

So, I got engaged on January 1st . After that, we had two months to prepare.

First of all, we created our very own spreadsheet file to check our:
  • expenses
  • designs
  • reception
  • church
  • couturier
  • cake
  • photograper
  • invitation
  • souvenirs
  • rings
Then, we had to do a few calls to make sure all our principal and secondary sponsors, entourage, flower girls, etc. will be present during our wedding. Alright, let me jot them all down:
  • Save the date - check with your chosen church if the date is taken or available. Make sure to complete all requirements (especially the marriage license, OMG, it can take forever to process!). You might want to choose a church that has meaning to you and your fiance.

    • Choose your reception wisely - make sure that it's not too far from the church to avoid any hard time for you and your guests.  Also, check if they offer any promos that include the caterer (this would save you so much dough, trust me)

      •  Pick your couturier - it's better to allot a month for the bridal gown to be sewn because there MAY be alterations to be done. For me, my tummy was growing bigger everyday so I had asked my trusted "modista" to do certain adjustments on the tummy region (of course, I don't want my baby to be suffocated)
        • Choose your designs for your bridal entourage (of course, you MUST already have your designated person) - I did my choosing by browsing wedding magazines. I have chosen my best friend as my Matron of Honor, my sister as my Maid of Honor, my cousins as my secondary sponsors (candle, veil and cord), my sisters as Bridesmaids, my brother as one of the Groomsmen, my fiance's brother as the Best Man and my fiance's nephews to complete the Groomsmen.








          • Don't forget the invitations, cake and souvenirs - one of my Ninangs and my fiance's sister were kind enough to sponsor these. If you're not so lucky, make sure you check out Divisoria for more affordable choices.



            Okay, I think that's it for now. I'm a bit sleepy. OMG, it's waaay past my bedtime (I have to sleep early for my baby). I'll post some more tomorrow. 

              No comments:

              Post a Comment